111 Places in New Delhi That You Must Not Miss, by Fernandes, Sharon
- ISBN: 9783954516483 | 3954516489
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 6/25/2016
- The ultimate insider's guide to Delhi
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 150 titles and 1 million copies in print worldwide
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
- India attracts more than 6 million visitors a year, all in search of new and interesting experiences
Now the political and cultural mecca controlling the pulse of India, the vibrant capital city of Delhi has been ruled by many powerful empires and seduced many powerful rulers over the centuries.
With a history that stretches back to ancient times, there are stories, relics, and memories embedded in every crevice and corner of the metropolis. This unusual guidebook invites readers on an adventure beyond the well-mapped and best-known landmarks to explore Delhi's most hidden pleasures and unravel its most shrouded mysteries. Walk the byzantine lanes of Old Delhi, offer alcohol to a god, savor a biryani made by the emperors' cooks, meet the sitar maker to the Beatles, visit India's oldest toy shop, gaze upon the abandoned statue of a legendary queen, and experience the many cities within the city.
From tales of perfumers, emperors, and quaint local characters to bustling streets, legend-filled ruins, and ever-changing landscapes, discover the true essence of one of the most fascinating and evolving cities on the planet.