- ISBN: 9780205944286 | 0205944280
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 7/18/2013
The most authoritative and comprehensive text in Abnormal Psychology, now with DSM-5 coverage throughout.
The esteemed author team of Jim Butcher, Jill Hooley, and Sue Mineka offers students the most thoroughly researched, engaging, and up-to-date explanation of psychopathology, creating a learning experience that provokes thought and increases awareness. By adopting a comprehensive bio-psycho-social perspective, this text takes students to levels of understanding that other books do not offer.
The 16th edition of Abnormal Psychology reflects the revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5). Hundreds of new references have been added to reflect the ever-changing field of abnormal psychology.
MyPsychLab is an integral part of the Butcher / Mineka / Hooley program. Key learning applications include MyPsychLab video series with new virtual case studies.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning - MyPsychLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Explore Research – The authors present their diverse research interests in an exciting way that provokes thought and increase awareness.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Review questions at the end of major sections within the chapters provide opportunities for self-assessment and reinforce learning.
- Engage Students – Most chapters begin with a Case Study to engage students' attention right from the outset.
- Support Instructors – A full set of supplements, including MyPsychLab, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need.
Note: MyPsychLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyPsychLab, please visit: www.mypsychlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + NEW MyPsychLab: ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205965091 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205965090