- ISBN: 9780134019413 | 0134019415
- Cover: Package
- Copyright: 3/24/2015
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version.
Here are practical, realistic curricular adaptations for ensuring successful inclusion of students with special needs. This highly readable, well researched, and current resource uses a developmental focus, rather than a disability orientation, to discuss typical and atypical child development and curricular adaptations, and encourage the treatment of students as children first, without regard to their learning differences. This integrated but non-categorical approach assumes that children are more alike than different in their development, and avoids the negative impact of labeling children with disability categorical names. The inclusive focus assumes that attitudes, environments, and intervention strategies can be accepted so that all young children with special needs can be included. Combining systematic instruction with naturalistic instruction embedded in daily activities, Adapting Early Childhood Curricula for Children with Special Needs, 9/e provides numerous how-to strategies derived from evidence-based practices, making it invaluable as a text today and a resource to take into the classroom tomorrow. Future professionals get examples of practical, realistic curricular adaptations that make inclusive education successful; see how to deal effectively with families and others by developing essential skills in listening, communication, conflict resolution problem solving, and biases and prejudices. Unique to this text is a section including practical recommendations for working effectively with paraprofessionals. Comprehensive without being overwhelming, the book encourages reflective practice. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and internet resources.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134019415 / 9780134019413 Adapting Early Childhood Curricula for Children with Special Needs, Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133827127 / 9780133827125 Adapting Early Childhood Curricula for Children with Special Needs, Loose-Leaf Version
- 0133948293 / 9780133948295 Adapting Early Childhood Curricula for Children with Special Needs, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card