Adaptive Processing of Brain Signals, by Sanei, Saeid
- ISBN: 9781118622162 | 1118622162
- Cover: eBook
- Copyright: 6/4/2013
In this book, the field of adaptive learning and processing is extended to arguably one of its most important contexts which is the understanding and analysis of brain signals. No attempt is made to comment on physiological aspects of brain activity; instead, signal processing methods are developed and used to assist clinical findings. Recent developments in detection, estimation and separation of diagnostic cues from different modality neuroimaging systems are discussed.
These include constrained nonlinear signal processing techniques which incorporate sparsity, nonstationarity, multimodal data, and multiway techniques.
- Covers advanced and adaptive signal processing techniques for the processing of electroencephalography (EEG) and magneto-encephalography (MEG) signals, and their correlation to the corresponding functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
- Provides advanced tools for the detection, monitoring, separation, localising and understanding of functional, anatomical, and physiological abnormalities of the brain
- Puts a major emphasis on brain dynamics and how this can be evaluated for the assessment of brain activity in various states such as for brain-computer interfacing emotions and mental fatigue analysis
- Focuses on multimodal and multiway adaptive processing of brain signals, the new direction of brain signal research