Advanced Malware Analysis, by Elisan, Christopher
- ISBN: 9780071819749 | 0071819746
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 8/13/2015
A one-of-a-kind guide to setting up a malware research lab, using cutting-edge analysis tools, and reporting the findings
Advanced Malware Analysis is a critical resource for every information security professional's anti-malware arsenal. The proven troubleshooting techniques will give an edge to information security professionals whose job involves detecting, decoding, and reporting on malware.
After explaining malware architecture and how it operates, the book describes how to create and configure a state-of-the-art malware research lab and gather samples for analysis. Then, you’ll learn how to use dozens of malware analysis tools, organize data, and create metrics-rich reports.
- A crucial tool for combatting malware—which currently hits each second globally
- Filled with undocumented methods for customizing dozens of analysis software tools for very specific uses
- Leads you through a malware blueprint first, then lab setup, and finally analysis and reporting activities
- Every tool explained in this book is available in every country around the world