- ISBN: 9780205969777 | 0205969771
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/4/2013
A compelling story of agency, survival, struggle and triumph over adversity
African Americans: A Concise History illuminates the central place of African-Americans in U.S. history by telling the story of what it has meant to be black in America and how African-American history is inseparably woven into the greater context of American history. It follows the long and turbulent journey of African-Americans, the rich culture they have nurtured throughout their history and the quest for freedom through which African-Americans have sought to counter oppression and racism.
MyHistoryLab is an integral part of the Hine / Hine / Harrold program. Key learning applications include Closer Looks, MyHistoryLibrary, and writing assessment.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning - MyHistoryLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Improve Critical Thinking - Focus Questions and end-of-chapter Review Questions help students think critically about the chapter content.
- Engage Students - Voices boxes engage students in the works and words of African Americans.
- Support Instructors - A full set of supplements, including MyHistory, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need.
Note: MyHistoryLab does not come automatically packaged with this text.