Allum's Antiques Almanac An Annual Compendium of Stories and Facts from the World of Art and Antiques, by Allum, Mark
- ISBN: 9781848317345 | 1848317344
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 2/10/2015
From Antiques Roadshow UK specialist Marc Allum comes a new annual almanac that keeps you up-to-date with the stories, facts, and often-amusing idiosyncrasies of the ever-changing global art and antiques market.
Allum's Antiques Almanac 2015 reveals such fascinating nuggets as:
- What Lee Harvey Oswald's wedding ring sold for
- How much the world's most expensive printed book cost per word
- The Victorian dolls' house which joined the soaring property market, sold by the owner with some very odd pre-conditions
- Why someone was prepared to pay over $4 million for the miniature effigy of a dashing bodyguard
Allum's anecdotal and irreverent style gives a unique insider's insight into a world fuelled by history, avarice, and passion. Allum's Antiques Almanac is set to become the annual must-read for the collector in all of us.
Marc Allum is a freelance art and antiques writer and consultant based in Wiltshire, England. Marc has been a miscellaneous specialist on the BBC's Antiques Roadshow programbroadcast in the United States by PBSsince 1998. He is also the author of The Antiques Magpie.