Anthology of Scores Volume I for History of Music in Western Culture, by Bonds, Mark Evan, PhD
- ISBN: 9780205927975 | 0205927971
- Cover: Spiral Bound
- Copyright: 6/30/2013
Anthology of Scores — The text, A History of Music in Western Culture, 4th edition by Mark Evan Bonds, builds its narrative around the two-volume Anthology of Scores and a corresponding set of compact discs. Icons in the margin of the text cross-reference the scores and recordings of discussions in the Anthology.
- The works in the Anthology of Scores to A History of Music in Western Culture have been carefully selected to represent the developments in music history discussed in the text.
- Volume I covers antiquity through the Baroque era;
- Volume II covers music of the Classical era to the present. Key features of the Score Anthology include
- Integrated commentary - Excerpts from the text are integrated into the score anthology at the end of each selection, providing students with basic information and a brief discussion of every work.
- Cross-referencing to text and recordings - Each selection in the anthology opens with a clear cross-reference to the recorded version of the work (disc and track number) and to the discussion of the work within the text (page number). The score and recordings in the anthology correspond exactly within their chronological span (Volume One of each through the Baroque era; Volume Two of each since the Classical era).