- ISBN: 9780205957187 | 0205957188
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/7/2014
Explains how and why human cultures vary so greatly across space and time
Anthropology, provides students with a comprehensive and scientific introduction to the holistic four fields of anthropology and the important role of applied anthropology. Readers will understand humans in all their variety, and why such variety exists. It also show students how anthropological skill sets can be applied beyond academia. The fourteenth edition places an increased emphasis on new explanations and the necessity to evaluate these new explanations logically as well as on the basis of the available evidence.
REVEL from Pearson is an immersive learning experience designed for the way today’s student read, think, and learn. REVEL modernizes familiar and respected course content with dynamic media interactives and assessments, and empowers educators to increase engagement in the course, better connecting with students. The result is increased student engagement and improved learning.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience- for you and your students. It:
- Immersive Learning Experiences with REVEL: REVEL delivers immersive learning experiences designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn.
- Engaging Pedagogically-Driven Design: Learning Objectives in each chapter correspond to chapter summary materials
- A Clear Understanding of humans: Readers will learn the major variations in human kinship, economic, political, and religious systems and why it is significant.
- Focus on Contemporary issues: Students will understand contemporary social problems and how anthropology might be used to address them.