Apparitions, by Hughes, T. John
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781864705959 | 1864705957
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 6/30/2015
- Apparitions features a wide array of ghostlystructures from the past overlaid over current buildings
- With multiple locations in over sixty cities,including New York, Baltimore, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Miami, and Indianapolis
- Emphasizes the architectural style, historic andcultural significance, controversies, or anecdotes
- Includes a snapshot of architecture in progress,with richly illustrated photography and descriptive narratives
Apparitionsis a photography project about buildings that that have vanished from ourcities. Ghosted pictures of these structures are combined with current photosof their former locations in single images, with informative text panels tooutline the design aesthetics. This unique aesthetic approach provides anengaging way of telling stories of change in our built environments, exploringa wonderful historical narrative that commemorates architecture in space andtime, a way to showcase the preservation of memory. National in scope andincluding a variety of building types, Apparitions comprises photographs frommore than sixty cities across the United States. Citiesfeatured in this book include:Albuquerque;Asheville; Atlanta; Atlantic City; Austin; Baltimore; Biloxi; Birmingham;Boston; Buffalo; Charleston, SC; Charleston, WV; Charlotte; Chicago;Cincinnati; Cleveland; Columbia, SC; Columbus; Dallas; Denver; Detroit; FortWorth; Galveston; Hartford; Houston; Indianapolis; Kansas City, KA; KansasCity. MO; Las Vegas; Lexington; Los Angeles; Madison, WI; Memphis; Miami;Milwaukee; Minneapolis; Nashville; New Orleans; New York; Oakland; Omaha;Orlando; Philadelphia; Phoenix; Pittsburgh; Portland, Oregon; Providence;Richmond; Sacramento; Salt Lake City; San Antonio; San Diego; Savannah;Seattle; St. Louis; Tampa; Washington, DC; Wilmington.