Art History, 5/e, by STOKSTAD
- ISBN: 9780205873470 | 0205873472
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 1/1/2013
The most student-friendly, contextual, and inclusive survey is now personalized, digital, and mobile for today’s students.
Art History, 5/e continues to balance formal analysis with contextual art history in order to engage a diverse student audience. Authors Marilyn Stokstad and Michael Cothren, both scholars as well as teachers, share a common vision that survey courses should be filled with as much enjoyment as learning, and that they should foster an enthusiastic, as well as an educated, public for the visual arts.
This revision is the strongest and most comprehensive learning program for measuring student progress and improving student success in attaining the outcomes and goals of the art history survey course. Not only does the text address four overarching goals of the survey course, the new MyArtsLab further develops and reinforces these outcomes and skills with market-leading learning tools such as personalized study plans for each student and multimedia assets geared towards addressing different learning styles and abilities, such as chapter audio, student videos, Closer Looks, architectural panoramas and much more. The end result is a complete learning program designed to increase students’ success with a personalized, digital and a highly mobile learning experience.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It:
- Personalizes Learning with MyArtsLab: MyArtsLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructors gauge individual and class performance.
- Creates a Modern Mobile Digital Experience: Make learning easy and convenient with our on-the-go eTexts and key learning applications. Pearson Custom eText provides instructors and students with a whole new online customizable learning experience.
- Includes Tools to Improve Critical Thinking: Key Learning Outcomes encourage students to think critically about visual arts as part of the larger world.
- Engages Students: Updated scholarship, MyArtsLab, and the readability of the text provide a wonderful engaging student experience.
- Provides Outstanding Instructor Support: With a wealth of online resources, instructors have videos, images, and teaching support materials to create a dynamic, engaging course.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyArtsLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyArtsLab search for ISBN-10: 0205949487 / ISBN-13: 9780205949489. This package includes: 0205206565 / 9780205206568 NEW MyArtsLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card and 0205873472 / 9780205873470 Art History
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.