The Art of Twentieth-Century American Poetry Modernism and After, by Altieri, Charles
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9780470774977 | 0470774975
- Cover: eBook
- Copyright: 2/28/2008
Written by a leading critic, this invigorating introduction to modernist American poetry conveys the excitement that can be generated by a careful reading of modernist poems.
- Encourages readers to identify with the modernists’ sense of the revolutionary possibilities of their art.
- Embraces four generations of modernist American poets up through to the 1980s.
- Gives readers a sense of the ambitions, the disillusionments and the continuities of modernist poetry.
- Includes close readings of particular poems which show how readers can use these works to connect with what concerns them.