- ISBN: 9780133802764 | 0133802760
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 4/13/2015
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134057252.
How to do authentic classroom-based assessment, interpret the information, and use it to plan curriculum that is responsive to and supportive of children’s learning.
This book is designed to help teachers conduct authentic, early childhood, classroom-based assessment, interpret the information that’s gathered, and ultimately use the information to plan responsive, supportive curriculum that ensures optimal learning for children, ages three to eight. The authors include coverage of the teacher’s legal, ethical, and professional responsibilities in assessment; how to organize for summary assessment and formative assessment; how to understand standardized assessments; and how to communicate with parents. A special appendix helps teachers design assessments in all developmental domains and includes suggested behaviors to observe and charts to help teachers identify the next steps in learning and development. The Sixth Edition of Assessing and Guiding Young Children’s Development and Learning has been revised and updated to reflect the rapidly developing concepts of appropriate assessment, expected educational outcomes, the way young children develop and learn, how the authentic assessment process relates to the use of formal state-mandated assessments, and the early childhood teacher’s assessment responsibilities. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.