The Blackwell Companion to Religious Ethics, by Schweiker, William
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9780470997031 | 0470997036
- Cover: eBook
- Copyright: 11/20/2007
Written by internationally renowned scholars, this Companion maps the moral teachings of the world’s religions, and also charts new directions for work in the field of religious ethics.
- Now available in paperback, this is a rich resource for understanding the moral teachings and practices of the world’s religions
- Includes detailed discussions of issues in moral theory
- Offers extensive treatment of the world’s major religious traditions, including Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Chinese religions and African religions
- Compares the ways in which the religions provide resources for addressing current moral challenges in areas such as ecology, economics, global dynamics, religious war, human rights and other topics.