- ISBN: 9780133544015 | 013354401X
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 9/10/2014
For undergraduate and graduate courses in Business Data Communication / Networking (MIS)
With its clear writing style, job-ready detail, and focus on the technologies used in today’s marketplace, Business Data Networks and Security guides readers through the details of networking, while helping them train for the workplace. It starts with the basics of security and network design and management; goes beyond the basic topology and switch operation covering topics like VLANs, link aggregation, switch purchasing considerations, and more; and covers the latest in networking techniques, wireless networking, with an emphasis on security. With this text as a guide, readers learn the basic, introductory topics as a firm foundation; get sound training for the marketplace; see the latest advances in wireless networking; and learn the importance and ins and outs of security.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This textbook will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here's how:
- The basic, introductory topics provide a firm foundation.
- Job-ready details help students train for the workplace by building an understanding of the details of networking.
- The latest in networking techniques and wireless networking, including a focus on security, keeps students up to date and aware of what’s going on in the field.
- The flow of the text guides students through the material.