Chemistry Structure and Properties, by Tro, Nivaldo J.
- ISBN: 9780321834683 | 0321834682
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 1/3/2014
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For two-semester general chemistry courses
Bestselling author Niva Tro has always believed “the behavior of matter is determined by the properties of molecules and atoms” to be the most important discovery in scientific knowledge. This idea is the entire factor for his seminal new text— Chemistry: Structure and Properties. Dr. Tro emphasizes the relationship between structure and properties, establishes a unique approach to teaching chemistry by presenting atomic and bonding theories early in the text, and stresses key themes throughout. The book is organized to present chemistry as a logical, cohesive story from the microscopic to the macroscopic, so students can fully grasp the theories and framework behind the chemical facts. Every topic has been carefully crafted to convey to students that the relationship between structure and properties is the thread that weaves all of chemistry together.
While developed independently of other Tro texts, Chemistry: Structure and Properties incorporates the author’s vivid writing style, chemical rigor, dynamic multi-level images, and tested features. His consistent conceptual focus and step-by-step problem-solving framework encourages you to think through processes rather than simply memorize content. Interactive media within MasteringChemistry® complements the book’s problem-solving approach, thus creating a comprehensive program that enables you to learn both in and out of the classroom.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you.
- Personalized learning with MasteringChemistry: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program is designed to improve results by helping you quickly master concepts. You'll benefit from self-paced tutorials, featuring specific wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience.
- Developed with a central theme and by a teaching community: As part of a community that teaches with the understanding that matter is composed of particles and the structure of those particles determines the properties of matter, Dr. Tro took great lengths in the text to ensure that everything from organization, art, and pedagogy reinforce this theme. The result of this emphasis is that the topic order has been constructed to make key connections earlier, stronger, and more often than the traditional approach.
- Linking conceptual understanding with problem-solving skills: Throughout each chapter, numerous Conceptual Connections encourage comprehension of the most complex concepts while a consistent step-by-step framework in the worked examples allows you to think logically through the problem-solving process.
- Visualizing and understanding chemistry: Revolutionary multipart images illustrate and reinforce the theme of the text and allows you to see and experience the molecules responsible for the structures and properties of matter.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringChemistry does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringChemistry search for ISBN-10: 0321729730/ISBN-13: 9780321729736. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321834682/ISBN-13: 9780321834683 and ISBN-10: 0321934105/ISBN-13: 9780321934109.