Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781920994518 | 1920994513
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/23/2013
Now in its second edition, Community as Partner is a valuable resource for students, community nurses and other health professionals. Adopting a wellness or illness prevention approach, the book is underpinned by national health priorities in Australia and New Zealand and emphasises a collaborative strategy to primary health care. Community as Partner provides a framework for planning health promotion programs to encourage health and well being in local communities.
- Real-life case studies are included to demonstrate implementation in local communities.
- Coverage of current health issues e.g. the ageing population, mental health in rural communities and among young people, maternal and child care issues, and access to health care.
- Critical Thinking questions will be extended to encourage reflective practice.
- A chapter on Mental Health Promotion is also included
- Featured Australia and New Zealand communities: children, working adults, older people, indigenous people and rural populations, people with chronic conditions and immigrants and refugees.
- Includes Australia New Zealand cultural, social and legislative issues.