- ISBN: 9781444338379 | 1444338374
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 12/16/2013
Offering a wealth of perspectives on African modern and Modernist art from the mid-nineteenth century to the present, this new Companion features essays by African, European, and North American authors who assess the work of individual artists as well as exploring broader themes such as discoveries of new technologies and globalization.
- A pioneering continent-based assessment of modern art and modernity across Africa
- Includes original and previously unpublished fieldwork-based material
- Features new and complex theoretical arguments about the nature of modernity and Modernism
- Addresses a widely acknowledged gap in the literature on African Art