Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781405191609 | 1405191600
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 9/10/2013
A Companion to Sport brings together writing by leading sports theorists and social and cultural thinkers, to explore sport as a central element of contemporary culture.
- Positions sport as a crucial subject for critical analysis, as one of the most significant forms of popular culture
- Includes both well-known social and cultural theorists whose work lends itself to an interrogation of sport, and leading theorists of sport itself
- Offers a comprehensive examination of sport as a social and cultural practice and institution
- Explores sport in relation to modernity, postcolonial theory, gender, violence, race, disability and politics