Comparing Religions Coming to Terms, by Kripal, Jeffrey J.
- ISBN: 9781405184588 | 1405184582
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 3/3/2014
Comparing Religions is a next-generation textbook written by one of the field’s most eminent figures, which expertly guides, inspires, and challenges those who wish to think seriously about religious pluralism in the modern world.
- A unique book teaching the art and practice of comparing religions
- Draws on a wide range of religious traditions to demonstrate the complexity and power of comparative practices
- Provides both a history and understanding of comparative practice and a series of thematic chapters showing how responsible practice is done
- A three part structure provides readers with a map and effective process through which to grasp this challenging but fascinating approach
- The author is a leading academic, writer, and exponent of comparative practice
- Contains numerous learning features, including chapter outlines, summaries, toolkits, discussion questions, a glossary, and many images
- Supported by a companion website (available on publication) at www.wiley.com/go/kripal, which includes information on individual religious traditions, links of other sites, an interview with the author, learning features, and much more