Contesting the Renaissance, by Caferro, William
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781444324501 | 1444324500
- Cover: eBook
- Copyright: 6/7/2010
In this book, William Caferro asks if the Renaissance was really a period of progress, reason, the emergence of the individual, and the beginning of modernity.
- An influential investigation into the nature of the European Renaissance
- Summarizes scholarly debates about the nature of the Renaissance
- Engages with specific controversies concerning gender identity, economics, the emergence of the modern state, and reason and faith
- Takes a balanced approach to the many different problems and perspectives that characterize Renaissance studies