- ISBN: 9780132853361 | 0132853361
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 3/11/2013
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133400107.
In Creative Thinking and Arts-Based Learning: Preschool Through Fourth Grade, 6/eJoan Packer Isenberg and Mary Renck Jalongo show future and current early childhood educators how to integrate children’s creativity, play, and the arts into their curriculum in a way that fosters learning and growth and meets accountability measures, by emphasizing the use of technology to enhance creativity and the arts, with myriad suggestions to differentiate instruction and make adaptations for diverse learners across the art forms. Organized into four main parts, the text covers the foundations of creative thought; examines children’s play, games, and inventions; addresses the subject areas that are traditionally associated with the creative arts; delves into the teacher’s role–supporting creative expression and play, assessing creative processes and products, and working with diverse families and communities; and discusses effective design and use of environments, materials, and resources. Unique boxed pedagogical features make the text more practical, readable, and helpful to the early childhood educator. Written for prospective and practicing early childhood educators who are expected to teach in accordance with an increasing number of state, local, and national benchmarks, this proven and adaptable text will best prepare the early childhood educator for creative thinking in the classroom and beyond. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.