- ISBN: 9781250065186 | 1250065186
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 11/17/2015
From 2001 to 2013, Mike Vecchione was chief of the Rackets Division in the Brooklyn District Attorney's office, which was the largest urban prosecution agency in the country. Vecchione grappled with organized crime and dirty politicians, during which he supervised, investigated, and prosecuted major felony cases.
Crooked Brooklyn is a gritty story of corruption, greed and law enforcement. Vecchione navigated a political minefield and expertly rose to the judicial challenges of directing investigations into a wide variety of crimes, from bribe-taking judges to cold-blooded killers. He was responsible for taking down:
- Three state Supreme Court judges
- One of the most powerful political bosses in the country
- Two cops who worked as assassins for the Mafia
- A State Assemblywoman
- A corrupt oral surgeon who was secretly selling bones from the recently deceased to medical supply companies
Unbelievable and unforgettable, Crooked Brooklyn is filled with characters and stories ripped straight from the tabloids, great for fans who enjoy Law & Order, readers of true crime and those hungry for details about the system that keeps us safe.