The Dart Programming Language, by Bracha, Gilad
- ISBN: 9780321927705 | 0321927702
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/10/2015
The Dart Programming Language offers an authoritative description of Dart for programmers, computer science students, and other well-qualified professionals. The text illuminates key programming constructs with significant examples, focusing on principles of the language, such as optional typing and pure object-orientation.
Bracha thoroughly explains reflection in Dart, showing how it is evolving into a form that programmers can easily apply without creating excessively large programs. He also shares valuable insights into Dart’s actor-style model for concurrency and asynchronous programming. Throughout, he covers both language semantics and the rationale for key features, helping you understand not just what Dart does, but why it works the way it does.
You will learn about
- Dart’s object model, in which everything is an object, even numbers and Boolean values
- How Dart programs are organized into modular libraries
- How Dart functions are structured, stored in variables, passed as parameters, and returned as results
- Dart’s innovative approach to optional typing
- How Dart handles expressions and statements
- How to use Dart’s implementation of reflection to introspect on libraries, classes, functions, and objects
- Isolates and other Dart features that support concurrency and distribution
Register your product at informit.com/register for convenient access to downloads, updates, and corrections as they become available.