- ISBN: 9780134831695 | 0134831691
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 3/14/2018
A relatable and friendly introduction to data structures and their implementation
The 5th Edition of Data Structures and Abstractions with Java introduces readers to data structures (CS-2) in a supportive, reader-friendly way. The book’s organization, sequencing, and pace of topic coverage make teaching and learning easier by:
- Focusing the reader’s attention on one concept at a time
- Providing flexibility in the order in which one can cover topics
- Clearly separating the specification of each abstract data type (ADT) from its implementation
- Placing relevant coverage of Java into Java Interludes, which you can use as needed.
To increase readability and learning potential, the numbered segments and modular presentation provide a flexible, customizable pathway through the material and focus the reader’s attention on one concept at a time. Numerous examples that mimic real-world situations provide a context for the new material and help to make it easier for audiences to learn and retain abstract concepts. The 5th Edition has a revamped structure and additional pedagogical tools to assist in mastering concepts.