Deciding What to Teach and Test : Developing, Aligning, and Leading the Curriculum, by Fenwick W. English
- ISBN: 9781412960137 | 1412960134
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 6/7/2010
The issue of balancing testing, curriculum design, and teaching practices is a pressing one for today's schools. Now in its third edition, this influential textbook on developing and aligning curriculum is updated with new insights on providing effective curriculum leadership, increasing student success, and closing the achievement gap.
Addressing the fundamentals of curriculum design in the context of a standards-based environment, Fenwick W. English focuses on how administrators and teachers can best collaborate to create a high-quality curriculum for all students. This textbook gives practitioners a template for developing a curriculum whose purpose is to focus and connect the work of teachers in the system. English gives practical approaches to curriculum development and alignment.
Readers will find:
- Guidance on curriculum mapping and other user-friendly tools
- New information on differentiating teaching, learning, and assessment to meet the needs of special education students, English language learners, and others
- Additional content on addressing cultural differences in curriculum content and assessment practices
- A new chapter on the challenges educators face in their roles as curriculum leaders.
Focusing on curriculum leadership and closing the achievement gap, this influential textbook is updated with new insights on developing and aligning curriculum in a standards-based environment.