- ISBN: 9780802409614 | 080240961X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/1/2015
Top-level scholarship on an enduring tradition
Dispensationalism has long been associated with a careful, trustworthy interpretation of Scripture. Reflective of its past and present status and strategic to its future, Dispensationalism and the History of Redemption is a fresh defense of a time-tested tradition.
Made up of ten essays from leading dispensationalist scholars, this volume covers the critical elements to know:
- An introduction to dispensationalism—including its terms and biblical support
- The history and influence of dispensationalism—from its roots in John Nelson Darby to its global reach through missions
- The hermeneutic of dispensationalism—the interpretive principles behind the system
- Dispensationalism and redemptive history—the story of salvation traced through the Old and New Testaments, including their unity and diversity in relation to Christ
- Dispensationalism and covenant theology—a comparison and contrast between two main evangelical perspectives on Scripture’s unity
With contributors from top-tier schools like Dallas Theological Seminary and Wheaton College, Dispensationalism and the History of Redemption is an expert treatment of an enduring yet developing tradition.