- ISBN: 9780071804349 | 007180434X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 8/11/2014
The classic guide to information management for pharmacists--updated to reflect the realities of today's practice
The goal of Drug Information: A Guide for Pharmacists is to teach students and practitioners how to effectively research, interpret, evaluate, collate, and disseminate drug information in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Updated throughout, the book also addresses important issues such as the legal and ethical considerations of providing drug information.
The Fifth Edition includes a timely new chapter on assessing drug promotions by pharmaceutical representatives and the need for counter-detailing. There is also a new chapter that bridges the gap between pharmacy informatics and drug information.
- Formulating effective responses and recommendations for drug information
- Evaluation of the drug literature
- The application of statistical analysis in the biomedical sciences
- Drug evaluation monographs
- Adverse drug reactions
- Medication and patient safety
- Investigational drugs