- ISBN: 9781118497098 | 1118497090
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 3/3/2014
Equipping analysts, practitioners, and graduate students with a statistical framework to make effective decisions based on the application of simple economic and statistical methods, Economic and Business Forecasting offers a comprehensive and practical approach to quantifying and accurate forecasting of key variables. Using simple econometric techniques, author John E. Silvia focuses on a select set of major economic and financial variables, revealing how to optimally use statistical software as a template to apply to your own variables of interest.
- Presents the economic and financial variables that offer unique insights into economic performance
- Highlights the econometric techniques that can be used to characterize variables
- Explores the application of SAS software, complete with simple explanations of SAS-code and output
- Identifies key econometric issues with practical solutions to those problems
Presenting the "ten commandments" for economic and business forecasting, this book provides you with a practical forecasting framework you can use for important everyday business applications.