Effective Teaching Methods: Research-Based Practice, by Borich
- ISBN: 9780132849609 | 0132849607
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 4/25/2013
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133400735.
In a conversational style, this market-leading text shows how to apply effective, realistic, research-based teaching practices in today’s heterogeneous classrooms. Effective Teaching Methods: Research-Based Practice, 8/e, prepares teachers to meet the many challenges presented by the changing face of the American school and classroom teaching today–and discover the opportunities for professional growth and advancement those changes provide. The content presented is the direct result of years of research and observation of effective teaching practices in actual classrooms. These are the experiences of real teachers in real classroom, showing teachers both what to do to meet today’s teaching challenges, and how to do it.
The Eighth Edition provides readers with new coverage of important topics including Multiple Intelligences, professional learning communities, working with parents, and standardized testing. A new chapter on Technology Integration includes information on 21st century learning technologies, why teaching with technology is important, and assessing technology integration as well as its effectiveness. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.