Essentials of Pharmacoeconomics, by Rascati, Karen
- ISBN: 9781451175936 | 1451175930
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/24/2013
This text provides a straightforward explanation of the essential pharmacoeconomics topics outlined by The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). It defines terminology used in research and covers the application of economic-based evaluation methods to pharmaceutical products and services, making it perfect for the student or practitioner who is unfamiliar with "pharmacoeconomics."
Readers will find examples of how pharmacoeconomic evaluations relate to decisions that affect patient care and health-related quality of life. Understanding these principles will help you assess published research aimed at improving clinical and humanistic outcomes based on available resources.
You’ll Find These Helpful Features Inside—
· Composite research articles that include the positives and negatives found in published research which will help you learn to evaluate literature and to interpret and determine the usefulness of pharmacoeconomic research articles.
· Composite worksheets increase your comprehension of just-read articles.
· Examples provide and reinforce relevant illustrations of chapter content.
· Questions/Exercises at the end of each chapter assess your understanding of the key concepts.
· Common Equations that are critical to the subject are presented, with multiple example calculations that clearly demonstrate the use of these equations.
Bonus Features via thePoint include:
· Immediate access to an image bank of figures and tables from the text
· Sample worksheets for critiquing research articles.