Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781451191554 | 1451191553
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 3/4/2014
Setting the standard for more than 30 years, Exercise Physiology has helped more than 350,000 students build a solid foundation in the scientific principles underlying modern exercise physiology. This Eighth Edition is updated with the latest research in the field to give you easy-to-understand, up-to-date coverage of how nutrition, energy transfer, and exercise training affect human performance.
- Get quick access to the resources available to help you master each section of the text with “Ancillaries at a Glance.”
- Maximize your study time with the book’s vibrant, “magazine style” design that makes the content more engaging and accessible and key information easier to find.
- Reinforce your understanding with Chapter Objectives, Integrative Questions that pose open-ended questions for reflection on complex concepts, and FYI sections that offer “good to know” information.
- Gain an understanding of how researchers contribute to our knowledge of exercise physiology through engaging section-opening interviews with key figures in the field.
- Learn how theoretical concepts relate to practical skills through “In a Practical Sense” features.
- Access the most relevant current information in the field through figures and tables that clarify important concepts and information.
- Gain an understanding of the past, present, and future of the profession through coverage of important milestones and future directions in the field.