- ISBN: 9781118627952 | 1118627954
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 3/11/2014
From the cities to the suburbs, backyards are filled with the sounds of clucking like never before as more people invest in having a closer connection to the food they eat and discover the rewards (and challenges) of raising chickens and cultivating their own fresh eggs. Whether you've embraced the local food movement or just love that farm-fresh flavor, The Farmstead Egg Guide and Cookbook is the perfect book for you and your flock.
Inside, you'll find expert advice on caring for your chickens, along with almost 100 delicious and diverse recipes—you'll notice a difference in your scrambled eggs, omelets, and quiches, as well as in savory and sweet soufflés, tarts, puddings, and pies. With The Farmstead Egg Guide and Cookbook, you'll never run out of delectable ways to enjoy your eggs for any meal of the day.
- Includes 100 recipes for egg dishes you'll love, including Fettuccini Alfredo with Rosemary and Garlic, Poached Eggs in Twice-Baked Potatoes, Egg Drop Soup, Chard and Feta Strata, Chocolate Kahlua Volcanoes, and Peach Lemon Chiffon Tart
- Packed with expert advice on selecting, feeding, and caring for egg-laying hens
- Beautifully illustrated with photographs that celebrate the recipes and the simple beauty of farmstead chickens
- Ideal for first-timers and hobby farmers
The Farmstead Egg Cookbook and Guide includes everything you need to know about truly farm-fresh eggs and how best to cook with them, whether they're from the farmer's market, country store, or your own backyard. This book will inspire you so you just have to have the freshest and best eggs on your table and the pleasure of keeping hens in your backyard.