NEW EDITION Focus on Grammar 2 with Essential Online Resources, by Schoenberg, Irene
- ISBN: 9780134583280 | 0134583280
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/8/2016
Building on the success of previous editions, Focus on Grammar , Fifth Edition continues to leverage its successful four-step approach that lets learners move from comprehension to communication within a clear and consistent structure. Centered on thematic instruction, Focus on Grammar combines comprehensive grammar coverage with abundant practice, critical thinking skills, and ongoing assessment, helping students communicate confidently, accurately, and fluently in everyday situations.
The Fifth Edition continues to incorporate the findings of corpus linguistics in grammar notes, charts, and practice activities, while never losing sight of what is pedagogically sound and useful.
New to This Edition
- New and updated content showcases culturally relevant topics of interest to modern learners.
- Updated grammar charts and redesigned grammar notes with clear, corpus-informed grammar explanations reflect real and natural language usage, allowing students to grasp the most important aspects of the grammar.
- Expanded communicative activities encourage collaboration and application of target grammar in a variety of settings.
- New unit-ending From Grammar to Writing section allows students to apply grammar in writing through structured tasks from pre-writing to editing.
- New assessment tools, including course diagnostic tests, formative and summative assessments, and a flexible gradebook, are closely aligned with unit learning outcomes to inform instruction and measure progress.
- FOG Go app for iPhone® and Android® lets students easily navigate Student Book audio clips on their phone or tablet.
- New Essential Online Resources include Student Book audio, answer keys, Grammar Coach videos, self-assessments, and teacher's resources.
- Scaffolded exercises help learners bridge the gap between identifying grammatical structures and using them with confidence and accuracy.
- High-interest readings in multiple genres expose students to the form, meaning, and use of grammar in natural contexts.
- Key vocabulary taught, practiced, and recycled throughout the unit ensures acquisition.
- Listening tasks give students multiple opportunities to focus on spoken English and develop listening skills.
- Mapped to the Global Scale of English.