- ISBN: 9781319071240 | 1319071244
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 11/21/2017
From Inquiry to Academic Writing helps students understand academic culture and its ways of reading, thinking, and writing. With a practical and now widely proven step-by-step approach, this text demystifies cross-curricular thinking and writing.
The fourth edition provides extensive coverage of academic habits and skills: reflection, summary, synthesis, and visual analysis. More than 40 readings, one quarter of which are new, bring students into debates that not only bear on their college careers but also reflect larger cultural issues that they will encounter outside the academy.
Combine the text with LaunchPad forFrom Inquiry to Academic Writing for even more engaging content and new ways to get the most out of your course. This LaunchPad includes
- Interactive exercises and tutorials for reading, writing, and research;
- LearningCurve, adaptive, game-like practice that helps students focus on the topics where they need the most help, such as fallacies, claims, evidence, and other key elements of argument;
- Text-specific reading comprehension quizzes.
- Practice sequences to help students apply the strategies of observing, asking questions, and examining alternatives.