Frommer's Costa Rica 2017, by Kahler, Karl
- ISBN: 9781628873108 | 1628873108
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/18/2016
For a relatively small country, Costa Rica has an unusually diverse range of eco-systems to explore and adventurous activities to try. You'll visit rugged wilderness preserves and sleepy beach towns, spectacular orchid gardens and mineral hot springs at the foot of a recently-active volcano. There are adventures here for all ages and abilities: swooping from treetop platform to treetop platform on a canopy tour, taking a dip in a jungle swimming hole, spotting playful spider monkeys as you hike through lush foliage, windsurfing on Lake Arenal, or watching endangered sea turtles nest on the beach.
This highly opinionated book, by one of Costa Rica’s top journalists (Karl Kahler, the Travel Editor of the country’s English-language newspaper, The Tico Times), will help you sort through all the options, so you can tailor a vacation that’s right for you.
The book is:
- Completely updated every year and printed in large, easy-to-read type
- Full-color throughout, with a free foldout map; a chapter on helpful Spanish phrases and terms; and a wildlife chapter with photos to help you identify all of the unique, colorful creatures, plants and eco-systems you’ll be seeing.
- Precise about pricing, with dollar amounts listed for all nature lodges, B&B’s, restaurants, tours and shops so there aren’t any nasty surprises.
- Packed with straight-shooting, savvy reviews, which will introduce you to the country’s best hotels, eco-lodges, restaurants, adventure outfitters and shops—in all price ranges, from budget to luxury.