Funds Private Equity, Hedge and All Core Structures, by Hudson, Matthew
- ISBN: 9781118790403 | 1118790405
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 3/10/2014
Funds all serve the same basic purpose, to pool the resources of investors and invest them collectively. But there are many different kind of fund structures based on their purpose and use, tax, regulatory, and legal requirements. This book categorizes and defines funds based on method of investor return, industry, investment strategy, and structure. It explains the difference between closed-ended and open-ended fund structures and the advantages and disadvantages of various fund structures. These include private equity, real estate, hedge, debt, mezzanine, and energy funds, as well as institutional and retail funds, pension schemes, superannuation, state, and sovereign wealth funds. The book also examines the tax principles and regulatory environment surrounding funds.
- Offers a comprehensive explanation of various common fund structures
- Ideal for private equity groups, institutional investors, hedge fund managers, investment banks, and MBA and accounting/finance students
- Written by an experienced lawyer in the private equity industry
- Includes an ancillary website that offers frequent regulatory updates
Funds: Private Equity, Hedge, and All Core Structures is an ideal introduction to the complex legal and regulatory framework of common fund structures for industry professionals and institutional investors.