- ISBN: 9780071843904 | 0071843906
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 6/8/2018
This practical guide describes how to develop, implement, and manage processes in global sourcing and supply chain management.
Global sourcing is the practice of obtaining goods or services from anywhere in the world, regardless of geopolitical boundaries, usually to take advantage of efficiencies, costs, and other factors. But there can be significant disadvantages, including having to overcome different cultures and time zones, exposures to foreign financial and political risks, and difficulty with monitoring quality from a distance.
The Global Sourcing Advantage fills a distinct gap in the information available to guide organizations toward successful global sourcing. It provides organizations and their associated stakeholders with the substantive knowledge, skills, and tools required for effective global sourcing. It can also be used as a text for advanced undergraduates and graduate programs in Business, Supply Chain Management, and Strategic Global Sourcing.
- Includes information for both goods producing and service firms
- Covers overarching issues such as social responsibility, governance, political requirements with current trading, and sourcing statistics
- Case studies from a variety of industry sub-sectors, including hospitality, fashion, electronics, and automotive
- Access to tools (checklists, links to Internet resources, customizable Excel spreadsheets), planning techniques, mathematical models, and supply chain analytics on a companion website