Global Sourcing in the Textile and Apparel Industry, by Ha-Brookshire, Jung
- ISBN: 9781501328367 | 1501328360
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 6/1/2017
Over 95% of today's textile and apparel products are globally sourced, making sourcing one of the most important business functions in the industry. Global Sourcing in the Textile and Apparel Industry, 2nd Edition examines the crucial function of global sourcing in the textile and apparel industries, providing practical insight into both how and why global sourcing is pursued. Chapters include step-by-step global sourcing procedures and explore the theoretical, political, economic, social, and environmental implications of global sourcing decisions with an emphasis on sustainability. Learning activities are based on the author's extensive industry experience and address current issues that sourcing professionals face every day.
New to this Edition
- New cases studies at the end of each chapter offer real-life scenarios that today's sourcers may face
- Emphasis on sustainable implications of global sourcing integrated throughout
- Current trade data, agreements, and examples of industry trends throughout the book
- Added coverage of trend analysis and forecasting in sourcing (Chapter 5)
- Significant updates to the future of global sourcing section, including technology, UN's sustainable development goals, and on- or near-shoring trends (Chapter 12)
- 25% new color images
- New glossary includes essential terms and definitions from the book
Teaching Resources: Instructor's Guide, Test Bank, and PowerPoint presentations available.