Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781451192650 | 1451192657
- Cover: Hardcover
- Copyright: 8/27/2016
Offering practical approaches to common clinical problems, Gynecologic Radiation Oncology: A Practical Guide compiles the extensive clinical experience of Drs. Patricia J. Eifel and Ann H. Klopp from MD Anderson Cancer Center into one user-friendly volume. This reference addresses practical aspects of the field: how to evaluate the role of radiation therapy in various clinical settings, how to explain the rationale for treatment recommendations to referring physicians and patients, when and how to apply various external beam and brachytherapy techniques to address specific clinical problems, and how to monitor and manage patients during and after treatment. The book focuses on the following items, which can have immediate application to the treatment of patients with gynecologic cancers.
- Addresses the techniques, methods, and challenging decisions that characterize the day-to-day practice of gynecologic radiation oncology.
- Features more than 700 figures and tables that highlight key information – from initial patient evaluation and treatment recommendation, through the process of radiation treatment planning and delivery, to post-treatment monitoring of patients for recurrence and treatment-related side effects.
- Covers sites of origin, the principles of tumor biology, multidisciplinary management, clinical evaluation, radiation therapy treatment planning and delivery, and symptom management, as well as the features of individual disease sites.
- Includes more than 50 case studies that demonstrate how concepts are applied in real-life clinical situations.
- Provides references that are particularly helpful in clinical decision-making, emphasizing important clinical trials, meta-analyses of relevant data and high-quality review articles.
- Explains not only the insights gained from the clinical literature but also the opportunities for misinterpretation, suggesting how trial results can be more accurately applied to everyday clinical practice.
- Uses extensive cross-referencing throughout to help you navigate the text and find related topics quickly.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use