Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781444317251 | 1444317253
- Cover: eBook
- Copyright: 1/18/2010
Thoroughly revised and updated, the second edition of The Handbook of Phonetic Sciences provides an authoritative account of the key topics in both theoretical and applied areas of speech communication, written by an international team of leading scholars and practitioners.
- Combines new and influential research, along with articulate overviews of the key topics in theoretical and applied areas of speech communication
- Accessibly structured into five major sections covering: experimental phonetics; biological perspectives; modelling speech production and perception; linguistic phonetics; and speech technology
- Includes nine entirely new chapters on topics such as phonetic notation and sociophonetics, speech technology, biological perspectives, and prosody
- A streamlined and re-oriented structure brings all contributions up-to-date with the latest research, whilst maintaining the features that made the first edition so useful