Health The Basics, Books a la Carte Edition, by Donatelle, Rebecca J.
- ISBN: 9780321942128 | 0321942124
- Cover: Loose-leaf
- Copyright: 1/2/2014
NOTE: This edition features the exact same content as the traditional text in a convenient, three-hole-punched, loose-leaf version. Books a la Carte also offer a great value for your students–this format costs 35% less than a new textbook. Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Health: The Basics, Eleventh Edition focuses health coverage on real-world topics that have the greatest impact on your life, bringing health topics to life and keeping you hooked on learning and living well. This text addresses students’ diverse needs and learning styles with new Video Tutors and the new MasteringHealth™ Along with its dynamic new content and technology, this book retains its hallmarks of currency, excellent research, strength in behavior change, attractive design, imaginative art, and unique mini-chapters.
This program presents a better learning experience for you. Health: The Basics, Eleventh Edition will:
- Personalize learning with MasteringHealth: MasteringHealth coaches you through the toughest health topics. Engaging tools help you visualize, practice, and understand crucial content, from the basics of health to the fundamentals of behavior change.
- Cover health topics with a real-world focus: Money and Technology are two of the timeliest issues arising in health today and are addressed through the new Money & Health and Tech & Health boxes. A new mini-chapter targets financial challenges you face every day, such as budgeting, scams, and debt.
- Make health mobile: Video Tutors throughout the text present key figures or points of discussion in an engaging video. QR codes make these short videos easily viewable from a smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
- Encourage critical thinking and behavior change: Learning Catalytics™ is a ”bring your own device” student engagement, assessment, and classroom intelligence system that enables your instructor to assess you in real time, improving your critical-thinking skills, access rich analytics, and more.