How to Diagnose and Fix Everything Electronic, Second Edition, by Geier, Michael
- ISBN: 9780071848299 | 0071848290
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 10/22/2015
This thoroughly updated guide gives hobbyists and do-it-yourselfers access to the diagnostic wisdom and repair skills of an experienced technician
In this hands-on guide, a lifelong electronics repair expert shares his time-tested techniques and invaluable insights. How to Diagnose and Fix Everything Electronic, Second Edition shows how to repair and extend the lives of all kinds of solid-state devices, from modern digital gadgets to cherished analog antiques. You’ll learn how to disassemble, troubleshoot, fix, and successfully re-assemble products—all using the latest testing and workbench tools.
This fully revised edition includes new information on modern ESR meters (used to diagnose today’s frequent electrolytic capacitor failures), SMD rework stations (high-tech soldering gear), LCD TVs, digital audio amplifiers, tablets, and much more. An expanded section on reading schematics will help clarify the topic for less-experienced readers.
- Clearly explains the use of all test and workbench equipment
- Teaches the art of diagnosis, which is the most difficult part of repair work
- Covers safety issues and helps the newbie avoid wrecking the product
- Written by a seasoned hobbyist who has authored hundreds of instructional articles