- ISBN: 9780205999323 | 0205999328
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 9/24/2014
Presents A Brief Empirical Introduction to the Four Fields of Anthropology
Human Evolution and Culture presents the highlights of the popular Anthropology, 14th edition by the same author team. This brief introduction presents readers with the four fields of anthropology, helping them to understand humans and all their variety. Students will gain a deeper understanding of 1) anthropology, 2) the biological and cultural evolution of humans, 3) cultural variation, and 4) how anthropology can be applied beyond academia. The new 8th edition includes expanded focus on environmental issues. Additionally, the size of the book (19 chapters) makes it useful for quarter courses, as well as for courses that encourage a lot of supplemental reading.
REVEL from Pearson is an immersive learning experience designed for the way today’s student read, think, and learn. REVEL modernizes familiar and respected course content with dynamic media interactives and assessments, and empowers educators to increase engagement in the course, better connecting with students. The result is increased student engagement and improved learning.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience- for you and your students. It:
- Immersive Learning Experiences with REVEL: REVEL delivers immersive learning experiences designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn.
- Engaging Pedagogically-Driven Design: Learning Objectives in each chapter correspond to chapter summary materials
- A Clear Understanding of humans: Readers will learn the major variations in human kinship, economic, political, and religious systems and why it is significant.
- Focus on Contemporary issues: Students will understand contemporary social problems and how anthropology might be used to address them.