- ISBN: 9780132869942 | 0132869942
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 3/21/2013
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 013338876X.
The Third Edition of this comprehensive and applied resource for teachers of the very young details and celebrates the many nuances of infant and toddler development from pre-birth through age 36 months old. In a uniquely engaging full-color presentation (in the Pearson eText), the authors clearly explain theory, include current research, and explain appropriate practice throughout the chapters on development, curriculum, program planning, guidance, and professionalism. Using a relationship-based model for understanding how infants and toddlers grow and learn in typical and atypical ways, this book maintains a keen focus on the importance of families’ and teachers’ relationships and responsiveness in interactions with children, the latest developmental research, an emphasis on child-centered planning, a particularly strong coverage of infants and toddlers with special needs, and a focus on the effects of culture, families, and quality programs on infant-toddler development and interactions. Readers will come away with a deeper understanding of why, according to the science of child development, certain practices support or hinder an infant’s or toddler’s optimal development–and how to provide responsive, high-quality care. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and internet resources.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.