- ISBN: 9780134450094 | 0134450094
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 1/3/2017
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0134290070.
In this comprehensive, applied text, readers see why the study of infants and toddlers is important, why a relationship-based model is important for infant-toddler professionals to use, and what infant and toddler development looks like from pre-birth through age 36 months. Included is information on the theories of infant-toddler development, the role of families and how to engage them in learning and development, and program planning using a relationship-based model. A major focus of the book is on the importance of families’ and teachers’ relationships and responsiveness in interactions with children. Research-based and yet highly accessible and motivating, the book offers a view of infants and toddlers that respects their capacities and brings compassion to their vulnerabilities, while providing a perspective and voice for teachers, family child care providers, and home visitors to bring to positive and powerful interactions with infants, toddlers, and their families. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos, check your understanding quizzes, and observation invitations.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.