- ISBN: 9780321929563 | 032192956X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 6/23/2014
A Thorough Introduction to the Agile Framework and Methodologies That Are Used Worldwide
Organizations of all shapes and sizes are embracing Agile methodologies as a way to transform their products, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement. Many people with varying levels of work experience are interested in understanding the architecture and nuances of Agile, but it is difficult to know where to start. Numerous practitioner books are available, but there has never been a single source for unbiased information about Agile methodologies–until now. Introduction to Agile Methods is the place to start for students and professionals who want to understand Agile and become conversant with Agile values, principles, framework, and processes.
Authors Sondra Ashmore and Kristin Runyan use academic research and their own experiences with numerous Agile implementations to present a clear description of the essential concepts. They address all key roles and the entire development life cycle, including common roadblocks that must be overcome to be successful. Through the authors’ realistic use cases, practical examples, and thought-provoking interviews with pioneering practitioners, complex concepts are made relatable. No matter what your role or level of experience, this book provides a foundational understanding that can be used to start or enhance any Agile effort.
- How Agile compares with the Waterfall method and when to use each
- Why Agile demands a cultural transformation–and how that looks to each participant
- Comparing various Agile methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming (XP), Crystal, Feature Driven Development (FDD), Lean, and DSDM
- Understanding the roles within Agile and how they work together to create superior results
- Agile approaches to requirements gathering, planning, estimating, tracking, reporting, testing, quality, and integration
- Extending Agile beyond IT