Introduction to Java Programming, Brief Version Plus MyLab Programming with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, by Liang, Y. Daniel
- ISBN: 9780133813487 | 0133813487
- Cover: Package
- Copyright: 1/15/2014
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
-- This text is intended for a 1-semester CS1 course sequence. The Brief Version contains the first 18 chapters of the Comprehensive Version. The first 13 chapters are appropriate for preparing the AP Computer Science exam. Coverage of Java and programming make this a useful reference for beginning programmers and IT professionals.
Daniel Liang teaches concepts of problem-solving and object-oriented programming using a fundamentals-first approach. Beginning programmers learn critical problem-solving techniques then move on to grasp the key concepts of object-oriented, GUI programming, advanced GUI and Web programming using Java. Liang approaches Java GUI programming using JavaFX, not only because JavaFX is much simpler for new Java programmers to learn and use but because it has replaced Swing as the new GUI tool for developing cross-platform-rich Internet applications on desktop computers, on hand-held devices, and on the Web. Additionally, for instructors, JavaFXprovides a better teaching tool for demonstrating object-oriented programming.
MyProgrammingLab for Introduction to Java Programming is a total learning package. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Teaching and Learning Experience
To provide a better teaching and learning experience, for both instructors and students, this program offers:
- Personalized Learning: Through the power of practice and immediate personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab helps students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming.
- Fundamentals-First Approach: Basic programming concepts are introduced on control statements, loops, functions, and arrays before object-oriented programming is discussed.
- Problem-Driven Motivation: The examples and exercises throughout the book emphasize problem solving and foster the concept of developing reusable components and using them to create practical projects.
- A Superior Pedagogical Design that Fosters Student Interest: Key concepts are reinforced with objectives lists, introduction and chapter overviews, easy-to-follow examples, chapter summaries, review questions, programming exercises, and interactive self-tests.
- The Most Extensive Instructor and Student Support Package Available: The author maintains a website at www.pearsonhighered.com/liang that includes multiple interactive resources.
Note: 0133813487 / 9780133813487 Intro to Java Programming, Brief Version -- MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card
Package consists of
- 0133592200 / 9780133592207 Intro to Java Programming, Brief Version
- 0133592685 / 9780133592689 MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Intro to Java Programming, Brief Version
MyProgrammingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.