Introduction to Sociological Theory Theorists, Concepts, and their Applicability to the Twenty-First Century, by Dillon, Michele
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
- ISBN: 9781118471920 | 111847192X
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 2/3/2014
The extensively revised and updated second edition combines carefully chosen primary quotes with wide-ranging discussion and everyday illustrative examples to provide an in-depth introduction to classical and contemporary sociological theory.
- Combines classical and contemporary theory in a single, integrated text
- Short biographies and historical timelines of significant events provide context to theorists' ideas
- Innovatively builds on excerpts from original theoretical writings with detailed discussion of the concepts and ideas under review
- Includes new examples of current social processes in China, South Korea, India, Latin America, the Middle East, and other non-Western societies
- Additional resources, available at www.wiley.com/go/dillon, include multiple choice and essay questions, PowerPoint slides with multimedia links to content illustrative of sociological processes, a list of complementary primary readings, a quotation bank, and other background materials