Invisible Enemies, Revised Edition Stories of Infectious Disease, by Farrell, Jeanette
- ISBN: 9781250057037 | 1250057035
- Cover: Paperback
- Copyright: 12/13/2016
Updated to include the most recent breakthroughs
First published in 1998, Invisible Enemies has been updated to reflect new medical and social developments. Here are the surprisingly fascinating stories of seven diseases that changed the course of human history:
- the ravages of AIDS in Africa, Asia, and other locations
- the bioterror threat posed by smallpox eradication
- a primitive yet effective new measure for fighting cholera in India
- an important new drug to treat malaria
- and more.
Illustrated with over fifty reproductions of photographs, newspaper cartoons, public health posters, and the like, Invisible Enemies is an intense and intriguing mix of history, biography, and biology.